What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free, open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It is widely used for creating websites and blogs, as it allows users to easily publish and manage content without the need for advanced technical skills. WordPress is highly customizable, with thousands of themes and plugins available for users to choose from. It also has a large community of developers and users, who contribute to its ongoing development and support. WordPress can be used to create all types of websites, including personal blogs, business websites, e-commerce sites, forums, and more.
To install WordPress using Softaculous in cPanel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Scroll down to the Softaculous Apps Installer section and click on the WordPress icon.
- On the next page, click the Install button.
- On the next page, fill-up the form with necessary information.
Choose the version you want to install: The version of WordPress that you want to install. We always recommend you install the latest version of WordPress.
Choose Installation URL: Choose the protocol HTTP or HTTPS depending on your need (If you need to use HTTPS and you doesn’t know that how to install SSL Certificate? So please click here) , choose the domain or subdomain where you want to install the WordPress. If you want to install WordPress under a subdirectory under that domain, then type that in the “In Directory” box. Otherwise, leave it blank.
Site Name: Enter the name of your new website.
Site Description: Enter a very short description of your website.
Enable Multisite (WPMU): If you do not specifically need WordPress multi-site feature, then we would recommend not to use it as its somewhat hassle to manage WordPress Multisite. So do not tick the option unless you need to.
Admin Username: Enter the Administrative username that you want to use for the website
Admin Password: Enter a strong password for your administrative user
Admin Email: Enter your email address
Site Language: Leave it as default English
Select Plugins: There is an optional selection of some useful plugins. If you need them, you can check the checkbox.
Skip the Advanced Options, optionally select a theme from the list.
- Click the Install button to begin the installation process.
- Your WordPress installation will begin, and you will see a progress bar indicating your installation progress. Once the status reaches 100% and your installation finishes, you can log in to your WordPress installation and start managing your website.
If you need to install the WordPress in manually? Click Here